The key takeaways of this final call are as follows:
1) Next-of-kin/descendants (claimants) of the deceased buried in the graves whose tombstones have been marked by LTA in this section of the cemetery (“the Affected Graves”) must register by 14th April 2013.
2) Claimants can do so via:
- By fax and post to: Land Transport Authority of Singapore Survey and Lands Division 1 Hampshire Road Block 5 Level 2 Singapore 219428 Fax: 63961136
- By online registration via: http://app.lta.gov.sg/exhumation.asp
- Register in-person at LTA office at the above-stated address between 8.30 a.m. and 5 p.m., Mondays to Fridays except public holidays.
- Visit the LTA site office at Bukit Brown Cemetery (at open area near the cemetery gate) between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Mondays to Fridays except public holidays.
All Affected Graves which are not claimed by 14th April 2013 will be exhumed in accordance with Government practice for unclaimed graves and the remains cremated individually. The ashes will be kept by LTA and thereafter scattered at sea if they remain unclaimed within 3 years after the date of exhumation.
Visiting Bukit Brown
If you have not had the opportunity to pay a visit, please do so. Future public tours are made known at All things Bukit Brown.
|Hill 1, soon gone forever|